February 28, 2020
Overnight Blueberry French Toast with Blueberry Syrup
Tags : blueberry , breakfast , casserole , french toast , Recipe Series , Store
Categories : Breakfast , Recipe and Story Blog , Recipes
overnight blueberry French toast
- 12 slices bread, cut into cubes (brioche, French, or Texas toast work best)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cup milk (or 1 cup milk & 1 cup cream, such as half and half)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Arrange ½ the bread cubes in a greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and fresh blueberries evenly over the bread cubes. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, and syrup. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Slightly spray the foil and cover pan with the foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden.
- For the sauce: In a saucepan, add water, sugar, and cornstarch until thickened. Stir in blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes (or maybe more if in the mountains). You can even mash the blueberries some if you prefer it to be more like a sauce. Add butter and stir until melted. Sever over the French toast. Regular syrup is optional. Serves 8…maybe.
Find us on Facebook at Chef Gina’s Love, Adventure, and Recipe Series and on Instagram at @cookingwith_gina.
Inspiration for this recipe can be found at the original source Real Mom Kitchen.
Check out our e-Store!
Find out more About Chef Gina!
Find out about Chef Gina’s Love, Adventure, and Recipe Series Novellas!
Find our other Blog Posts!
0 comments on “Overnight Blueberry French Toast with Blueberry Syrup”